Daniel Kihn

Daniel Kihn

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Nowhere to Hide

Behind the Commercial Sales desk is a row of offices. One is our "office," the next one belongs to the delivery guys, and the end one is for Jen, who's job is a mystery. I believe she does something for credit accounts, but this is all speculation, all any of us can do is speculate and hypothesize her function in the Lowe's system. Anyways, I come into work one day and find that our office and the delivery office no longer have walls. The monsters came in and hacked off the walls, now there is absolutely no place to put any of our stuff, the material samples, paperwork, etc. More importantly, there is now no reprieve from the constant onslaught of the customer hordes, nowhere to run and nowhere to hide.

I don't so much hide in the "office" as I do just go in there for a minute to gather myself up, take a sip of my drink, or take a few bites of my contraband sub. That's all I want to do and now they have taken that from me. Jen's mystery lair remains unscathed by the tides of change. Her office remains intact and unused. When I came in and saw this sad scene and being someone who fears change, I asked the one ASM what was going on.

ASM: This was something we were supposed to do a year ago, it's company-wide

ME: Why isn't Jen's office cut in half like the rest?

ASM: There's a lot of customer credit information in there

ME: So, a few extra feet of wall and no door makes all the difference and deters theft?

ASM: (Does not reply, merely shrugs)

There were no doors to any of the offices, just an open entryway. If Jen's office contains such valuable treasures and information, then why isn't it up front where the cash cage and manager offices are? Would it not make sense to at the very least put a door on her office with a lock? Foul play is afoot and the air reeks with it. Our shield from the invading hordes is taken away, and in addition, half our storage space is gone and now carts line the front of the Commercial Sales desk with material samples, information packets, and other stuff. Also, there's nowhere for me to post funny pictures and memes. That is a crime against humanity in my opinion. So now, I must readjust my strategy and stay mobile, never in one place for more than a few minutes if I hope to survive.

2 comments:

  1. If you keep running you'll survive, but is that the kind of life you want? Don't you want to truly be able to live?

    Do what you know you have to do. Annex Jen's office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe this running and hiding explains the renovation.

    Dr C

    ReplyDelete